Alex Nagle, MD
This talk appeared at the 2012 SAGES Meeting and was selected via a peer review process
SURGICAL PROCEDURE STEPS
- Five trochars were used in this procedure.
- Operator was located between patient legs and the monitor was located over the patient head.
- Lesser sac is entered
- Dissection is started along greater curvature
- Short gastric vessels are divided
- Posterior attachments of stomach are freed
- Hiatal dissection is performed and attachments of esophagus are dissected
- Left gastric pedicle is stapled and transected
- Duodenal dissection and transection is performed
- Esophageal Transection
- Creation of Roux en Y
- Esopheojejunostomy using a circular stapler